Benefits and Uses of EDTA Chelation Therapy
Plaque on arteries can begins to build in early childhood all
throughout the body. The existence of plaque can be extremely
detrimental to one’s health, affecting not only heart health. A host
of symptoms and complications can occur. This is, in part, because
nutrient-rich blood is not allowed to reach all areas of the body,
depriving the body of essential vitamin, minerals and proteins. When
plaque is removed, the benefits are numerous. To follow are just
some of those consistently reported.
- To remove the effects of a heart attack.
- It removes or reduces angina pectoris, chest pains.
- It removes or reduces cardiac stress intolerance.
- It reduces shortness of breath in coronary artery disease.
- It can bring back the elderly from senility, and improve memory and
reduce the incidence of Pick's Atrophy and Alzheimer's disease.
- It reduces blood pressure in about 60% of high blood pressure
- It can eliminate intermittent claudication (leg cramps and leg pain
and numbness due to poor circulation).
- It can dissolve kidney stones and gallstones.
- It can reverse diabetic gangrene. It can restore impaired vision,
particularly in the diabetic who is suffering from macular
- It improves memory, can prevent the deposition of cholesterol in the
liver, it reduces blood cholesterol levels, it reverses toxic
effects from digitalis excess.
- It can convert and normalize 50% of irregular heart rhythms.
Chelation reduces or relaxes excessive heart contraction. It reduces
heart irritability and increases potassium within the cells of your
- Chelation removes lead and cadmium and other heavy metals from the
- It removes calcium from arteriosclerotic plaque. It dissolves kidney
stones, reduces serum iron and protects against iron poisoning and
iron storage disease of the liver.
- Chelation reduces heart valve calcification, improves heart function
and detoxifies several snake and spider venoms. It reduces dark
pigmentation associated with varicose veins.
- It heals calcified necrotic ulcers. It can improve the vision in
- It dissolves small cataracts. It makes arterial walls more flexible.
- It helps to prevent and reduce osteoarthritis. It reduces and
alleviates the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. Chelation helps to
smooth skin wrinkles, lowers insulin requirements for diabetics. It
even dissolves large and small clots or thrombi.
- It can reduce or reverse the effect of a stroke, particularly after
the stroke, but even as late as two years following a stroke. It can
reduce the effects of scleroderma. It reduces the need for bypass
surgical procedures. EDTA can greatly reduce the need for lower
- It can decrease or eliminate migraines.
- It can improve sleep.
- It can improve sexual function.
EDTA (ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid)
EDTA (ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid) is a common sequestrant
and antioxidant added to foods, body care, and household products.
It occurs as disodium calcium EDTA, tetrasodium EDTA, and disodium
dihydrogen EDTA. As a sequestrant, it binds trace minerals such as
copper, iron and nickel that may be in the product. If not
inactivated, these minerals will lead to discoloration, rancidity
and textural breakdown. When added as an antioxidant, EDTA prevents
oxygen from causing color changes and rancidity.
EDTA as a Food Additive/Preservative
FDA has approved EDTA as a food additive that is generally
recognized as safe (See the US Code of Federal Regulations-21 CFR
172.135 and 21 CFR 173.315). The average usage concentration is 100
to 300 parts per million. EDTA can perform the following specific
functions in food: sequestering metals, preventing discoloration of
potato products, stabilizing vitamins, preventing discoloration of
fish and shellfish, preventing flavor changes in milk, inhibiting
the thickening of stored condensed milk, enhancing the foaming
properties of reconstituted skim milk, preventing color changes of
scrambled eggs prepared from egg powder, preserving canned legume,
preventing gushing in beer, promoting flavor retention and delaying
loss of carbonation in soft drinks, preventing oxidation of meat
products, and preventing discoloration of canned fruits and
EDTA in Body Care, Household Products and Pharmaceuticals
EDTA is often added to detergents, liquid soaps, shampoos,
agricultural chemical sprays, pharmaceutical products, oil emulsions
and to textiles to improve dyeing, scouring and detergent
operations. It is used as a metal chelating agent, in metal cleaning
and plating, in the treatment of chlorosis, to decontaminate
radioactive surfaces, as a metal deactivator in vegetable oils, as
an anticoagulant of blood, as an antioxidant, in the clarification
of liquids, in analytical chemistry spectrophotometric titration, to
aid in reducing blood cholesterol, to treat lead poisoning and
calcinosis. EDTA salts are also added to products in the place of
phosphate compounds used to reduce calcium and magnesium hardness in
water. It can prevent bleaching agents from becoming active before
they're immersed in water.
Current data suggests that EDTA is safe in foods and other consumer
The EDTA molecule acts as an anticoagulant in medical and laboratory
equipment. It is only used in tubes of blood and medical machinery
since it “chelates” all the calcium contained in blood. This comes
in the form of a powder or small amount of liquid in tubes. It is
famous for being used as a medical treatment for acute hypercalcemia
and lead poisoning as well as a preservative in cosmetics and some
processed foods. Even dentists use this compound as a root canal
irritant in removing organic and inorganic debris compounds.
Present day industrial use: as an additive and food preservative and
to remove unwanted metals that get into foods from the soil and
machinery during harvesting and processing. EDTA reacts with these
elements by forming tightly bound complexes to prevent decomposition
Cheaper Industrial forms of EDTA are used in batteries and other
non-consumable items. Some companies who sell oral chelation
products actually use this form and can thus sell their products at
a very low price. This can make their products ineffective and
dangerous. Cardio Care uses only pharmaceutical grade, and the
- Removes undesirable metals from the body
- Slows down and can improve the process of arthersclerosis
- Improves cerebrovascular arterial occlusion
- Improves memory, concentration and vision
- Reversal of gangrene
- Supports autoimmune disorders, such as: arthritis, scleroderma,
- Prevents and reverses problems of degenerative disease
- For radiation toxicity, snake venom poisoning, digitalis
intoxication, cardiac arrthymia
The primary function of EDTA is to remove unwanted metals (in
particular Calcium, Mercury, Lead, Cadmium & Arsenic) from the
body's organs and cardiovascular system.